Omnitron Multi-port 10/100 Media Converter with Power over Ethernet (PoE-PoE+)
Omnitron Systems recently introduced the OmniConverter GPoE+/SX, which is a multi-port Power over Ethernet Gigabit media converter with what the company describes as “unique switching capabilities.” The converter features four 10/100/1000 RJ45 ports capable of delivering 15.40W Power over Ethernet or 34.20W Power over Ethernet Plus, and one or two fiber ports that support Gigabit or Fast Ethernet transceivers. It is classified as power sourcing equipment (PSE) and provided full PoE power for up to four powered devices (PDs).
“The GPoE+/SX supports several unique networking modes for distributing data traffic, including Directed Switch Mode that prevents network congestion, and Multiplexer Mode that isolates secure data streams for different cameras in multi-user surveillance applications,” Omnitron said. “Models with two fiber ports support Dual Device Mode that enables the GPoE+/SX to operate as two independent PoE media converters. The two fiber ports also facilitate daisy-chain topologies and redundant fiber links with less than 50ms failover. Other features include link fault detection and remote PD reset that eliminates the need for dispatching personnel to remote locations to reset cameras and wireless access points.”
OmniConverter GPoE+/SX models are available with SC, ST and LC fixed-fiber connectors, or with small form pluggable (SFP) transceivers at 100 Mbits/sec or Gigabit data rates in multimode, singlemode, and a variety of CWDM and DWDM wavelengths. Models are available for commercial applications or temperature-hardened to -40 deg. C to +75 deg. C for outdoor and industrial applications.
The GPoE+/SX is part of the OmniConverter product family of Fast Ethernet and Gigabit media converters that support PoE, PoE+ and HPoE (60W). Omnitron points out that all products in the OmniConverter portfolio are made in the United States and backed by a lifetime warranty as well as free technical support.
– Power over Ethernet injector/source
– Supports frame sizes up to 10,240 bytes
– Supports fully powered IEEE 802.3at PoE+ on four RJ-45 copper ports
– Multiple port configurations:
5 Port Device: 1 Fiber + 4 RJ-45
6 Port Device: 2 Fiber + 4 RJ-45
– Supports 1000BASE-X fixed-fiber and 1000BASE-X or 100BASE-X SFP transceivers
– Redundant protected fiber link option (using dual LC or SFP transceiver models)
– Configurable PoE power reset
– Directed Switch Mode prevents flooding of video traffic
– Supports Dual PoE Device Mode and MUX Mode for traffic routing
– Available in AC and DC models
– Integrated wall mount brackets
– Commercial (0 to 50ºC) and extended (-40 to 75ºC) operating temperature ranges
– Lifetime Warranty and free 24/7 Omnitron Technical Support